This Android application allows you to view Everquest® II guild, character and item details extracted fromony's public data feeds. Search for guilds, character and items and view their stats including guild members, equipped items and stats.
This application is not endorsed by Sony Online Entertainment except for a friendly "good luck" from Kiara, the EQ2 Community Manager :)
How to Install
You can download the application directly from this page if you have enabled installation from third-party sources. QuestForever is also available from Google Play
BlogFollow development at http://www.twitter.com/Uxian.
Licence and Source Code
Quest Forever is open source and distributed under the Gnu Public Licence v3.0. Put simply this means that anyone can download the source code for free and build and modify it themselves however the code may not be used in any commercial applications and any changes that are made by contributors must be disclosed. Part of the reason for this is that Quest Forever handles sensitive data (usernames and passwords) and so users should be able to trust the code which is a lot easier if they can read it for themselves. If anyone is interested in contributing to the project please feel free to email the author.
The source code repository is available at https://bitbucket.org/Uxian/questforever/src
Known ProblemsBug tracking is now through JIRA: https://questforever.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa
- Guild chat is limited to /guildsay, /tell and log-in/log-out events. I can't add support for item discoveries, guild level dings, character dings, officer chat and a myriad of other things that aren't supported by the protocol.
- The app can't search for data on servers that Sony's data source doesn't support such as PvP Test and Testcopy.
Things to DoTasks are now handled through JIRA: https://questforever.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa. This is an open JIRA board with an open source unlimited user licence so feel free to sign up and report bugs or request features.
Please note that I am not working on new features and enhancements as much as I was a little while ago due to a new job with later hours and a much longer commute eating up much of my spare time. Feel free to request features and I will get around to them eventually (I may have a lot of free time on my hands after June). I will give priority to bug reports however and attempt to get problems fixed within 24 hours of receiving an email.
- This application uses the following open source Java libraries:
- NeoDatis object database version 220.127.116.119 http://www.neodatis.org/
- A modified version of Dom4J XML parser provided by Matthias Käppler: http://brainflush.wordpress.com/2009/05/19/the-force-unleashed-xmlxpath-on-android-using-dom4j-and-jaxen/
- Jaxen v1.1.1 XPath library: http://jaxen.org/
- TagSoup 1.2 HTML parser: http://home.ccil.org/~cowan/XML/tagsoup/
Credit also to PacDV Free Sound Effects for the little 'pop' sound you used to hear when receiving a tell:
Most of all thanks to Sony Online Entertainment for 5 years of fun and counting